Saturday, May 7, 2011

Allergies, Grace, and Finicky Birds

Today was one of those days that just flash by.  I started the day chasing a large turkey that makes a daily pilgrimage past my house.  Actually, he is in my back field sometime between six and nine almost every morning.  We have seen him and this week of Turkey season, I have tried to get close, but he has always given me the slip.  This bird is very cautious!  He is bold enough that he tries to take on the cows, but weary of anything pursuing.  Hopefully I can get out there before sunrise on Monday to surprise him and give him my greetings.

Because I left the house so early in pursuit of Tom, I got out of my rhythm and forgot to take my allergy medicine.  I did enjoy a day with the family, visiting old friends, and enjoying the beautiful Maine weather.  Still, by this afternoon, I had itchy eyes, a slight cough, a dull achy head, and a lethargy that I could not shake.  I have mopped around all evening feeling horrible.  I did not realize I had missed the daily dose of allergy help until it finally dawned on me about 8 tonight.  I was laying in bed, ready to pass out, when I thought about it.  With all the trees coming out, the grass growing like mad, and hours outside, I really needed to take my medicine!  I always heard that the Lord watches out for fools, drunks, and children.  Today I played the fool.

I thank the living God for allowing me to figure out my constant chest colds were allergy driven.  I am thankful that I am still able to deal with it by the help of simple pharmaceutical help.  God's grace is evident.  I am also glad that on a day when I forgot to get a better life through pharmaceuticals, I can just go to bed.  May tomorrow be a blessed day of worship and prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment