Monday, December 15, 2014

Back and Ready for the Next Adventure

It is so good to be home.  It is good to have a clear mind, clear heart, and very little stress.  I am ready to discover what the Lord is doing in preparing the next stage of my journey of faith.

I have not written in what feels like forever.  About ten days ago, my family and I returned home from a 7600 mile car trip.  We viewed America through the windshield.  It was a great break from normal life.  It was needed.  It was awesome.

In just under a month, we drove from Seattle to Montana, to Ohio, to Florida, and then back to Seattle.  I cannot express enough how much of a blessing this journey was for myself and my family.

How did I have the time to do this?

In the middle of October, I left my position as pastor of First CRC of Seattle.  The story of why is long and fairly crazy.  I am just glad this congregation is no longer my concern or my burden.  I will allow our denomination to deal with them as they see fit.

While at First, I learned much, and I made some great friends and supporters.  I am so thankful for them and I look forward to having them be part of my life for the remainder of it. 

It never ceases to amaze me how God often shines the brightest light 
in the midst of our deepest darkness.

Today marks the start of a new adventure.  I look forward to experiencing God's grace as we walk through it together as a family.  Please join me in praying for God's wisdom and grace to mark the path for us.  Pray for new ministry opportunities, blessings on my family, and grace throughout the journey.

There will be many changes in the coming months with my on-line presence.  I look forward to seeing the hopes and dreams of many becoming reality.  Please pray for this also.  

As C.S. Lewis said in the Last Battle, "Head further in and further up."

1 comment:

  1. "it was the Unicorn who summed up what everyone was feeling. He stamped his right fore-hoof on the ground and neighed, and then cried:

    "I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now. ... "Come further up, come further in!""

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFXNcR4ZofA&feature=em-share_video_user

    "Are you with me?"
    "To the death."

    ReplyDelete