Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Time and Reflection

This week is the start of a new month, and the start of a new ministry year at Grace.  After a month of prayer and rest, it has been meetings and people.  I love it, but it has not given me time to sit at the computer and write.  I do thank God that I have had time to be with my Lord and my God.  I ran across a couple of Irish sayings that apply.

"It is not by your feet alone you can come to God."

"Your feet will bring you to where your heart is."

Walking with God is about enjoying Him.  It is about being with Him.  On the one hand, we can never leave His presence, as He is everywhere and His handiwork can be seen throughout all of creation.  Yet, we sure can wear thick blinders to His presence!  We can stumble around in the dark because our eyes are tightly shut.

So far this week, my heart has been at rest even as my feet have been in motion.  So much is up in the air, but God's presence and love keeps me on the ground and with Him.  I pray the same for each of us.

If knowing and walking with God sounds foreign to you, repent and believe.  Call out to Him and He will meet with You!  (Isa. 30:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment