Friday, June 24, 2011

Traveling. Where are you going?

"But we have the mind of Christ." 1 Cor. 2:16

It is way too early to be writing or even be awake.  Yet, here I am.  I leave Grand Rapids, MI at 6:30 so I had a 4:30 wake-up call coming.  Of course I awoke every hour on the hour after I first woke up at 12:30 dreaming I was late and going to miss the plane.  At 4, I awoke and figured I should write.  At least I know what I want to write about!  It is always good when we know where we are going.

Much of this material is going in some way, shape, or form into a book I want to write on Authentic Spirituality: Living a Gospel- and Grace-Centered Life.  In the past month we completed the chapter material on Spiritual Warfare.  My hope was that this material would prompt some of my readers to pray with great intention and fervency for this project and me personally.  This task will entail dealing with the schemes of the Evil One.

Now I am onto another subject: authentic spirituality will promote and develop a Biblical worldview, and understanding of scripture.  It will foster a growing understanding of the Will of God as revealed in scripture and the implications of understanding this will.  It might never be perfect, but it will be consistent with "the mind of Christ."

I have met many people who have not developed a solid understanding of scripture and how it fits together.  I have met others who do not really understand how to apply what they know about the gospel.  The key to authentic spirituality is what we do with our ignorance.  Some rejoice in it and refuse to learn or grow deeper.  I have never met someone who has drunk deeply of God's grace who does not want to learn!  This mark of a teachable heart illustrates humility and the touch of God's hand.  It illustrates someone who desires to know God more and to love people better.  When I get back and settled, we will begin our discussions concerning what we need to learn.

Please pray for safe travel and that my family gets a vacation when I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment