Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bless the Lord!

Bless the Lord, O my soul! Bless His Holy Name!

"Let him who walks in darkness and has no light
trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God.
Behold, all you who kindle a fire, who equip yourselves with burning torches!
Walk by the light of your fire; 
and by the torches that you have kindled!
This you have from my hand:
you shall lie down in torment."
Isaiah 50:10-11

This morning was the first cloudy morning in quite some time in Seattle.  It was also warm.  Today I had the privilege of sitting on my porch reading God's word, talking to Him in prayer, and watching the sun come up.  It was wonderful!

Today my heart is at peace and full of joy.  I am often asked what it is like to know God and to "feel" His presence.  Our faith is often hard to express and explain.  We worship a God who is everywhere, but who can't always be seen or felt.  Yet, there are times and place when we are walking in faith when He is so close and real that it is scary.

How do you explain this to someone who is not walking in faith?  I think it is impossible.  All we can do is testify that the Lord is good and He is worthy of our trust.

Today, I testify that the Lord was so kind and gracious to me.  He reaffirmed my birthright as His child.  He reaffirmed His unfailing love.  He will provide and I have followed His leading.  I trust Him because He is worthy of trust.

Today I testify that the Lord honors those who honor Him.  Seek to honor Him in all things!

You can hold to this promise.  It might not feel like it at the time, but it is true.  Often it seems like death to not trust in yourself (particularly if you are like me and you are someone who loves to trust in himself!).  No matter what, seek to honor God.  Follow His leading and His Word.  He will bring about His justice and His truth.

Bless the Lord, O my soul!  Bless His holy name!

1 comment:

  1. "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless His holy name." Part of Psalm 103 that's another one worthy of memorization. True is true even when it doesn't feel true. Joy sneaks up on you, like when you're making toast and cutting a thick slab of Amish butter.

    ReplyDelete