Friday, July 1, 2011

Walking, but with a limp

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul." Ps. 23: 1-2

Today I leave for a much needed vacation.  I have much to do before I leave, but thankfully I leave!  I am a man who often does many things at once.  I like multi-tasking and I am pretty high capacity.  Just about three weeks ago, I was telling someone that I have lost so much stress in my life since last year that I did not feel like I even needed a vacation.  I thought I could really enjoy this vacation without feeling like I needed to take time to rest.  What a mistake!  Within days, I started feeling really burned out.  I have been walking with God most of this month, but I have a pronounced limp!

This week I will be preaching on trials.  In my life, I have gone through quite a few.  I have found that most of the small ones/medium sized ones, really provided me an opportunity to reflect and grow.  As I work through them, I meet with God and He transforms me by His grace.  My problem is that I do not immediately think, "What are you saying Lord?" Instead, I often work harder to try to fix whatever is causing the trial.  How about you?

This month has felt like one continuing trial.  There has been joy, but my spirit feels weighed down.  I have traveled some, but that is not the cause.  I think I need to take time to once again ask, "What are you saying Lord?"  I need to limp to a chair beside a lake so I can take some time to talk with my Lord and my God.  

I might or I might not post much in the next couple of weeks.  It depends upon how the Spirit leads!  By God's grace, I do pray I meet daily and increasingly with my living Lord.  I pray that he will restore my soul and give me clarity of mind.  Please pray for me and my family that all of us will share in such restoration.  Also, this is post number 40, so there is plenty to read and share even if I am not adding more.

No comments:

Post a Comment